Saturday, August 8, 2009

Listen to each drop of rain...

There's a song called "Listen To The Rain" that was written by Amy Lee of Evanescence for her high school's senior chorus, and my sophomore year of high school, I suggested it to Mrs. Berg, the choir director, and she actually let us sing it. ^^ It's today's theme song, since it's raining today...



Call me crazy, but I like the rain. Not thunder or anything, but I really just like the comfort of being inside, watching the rain fall, while I'm warm and cozy. And of course, soft music is a must. Rainy days just don't fit with hardcore. Here's a quick list of some of the best rainy day songs:
~My Immortal, Piano/Vocal Version (it's different than the album one), by Evanescence
~Yellow, by Coldplay
~Remembering Sunday, by All Time Low
~Hear You Me, by Jimmy Eat World
~Your Guardian Angel, by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
~When It Rains, by Paramore
~We'll Never Leave Again, by Straylight Run
~What Sarah Said, by Death Cab For Cutie
~She Paints Me Blue, by Something Corporate
...and of course, my current song addiction:
~If It Means A Lot To You, by A Day To Remember

...Okay, enough of the rain talk, let's talk about some other stuff.

In six days, it will be August 14th. You know what that means? I'll have been dating Trent for six months. SIX MONTHS. To me, that's... It's such a big chuck of time, but it's flown by. This might seem kind of weird, but I feel like I can remember everything perfectly, and then, at times, I can't remember anything but the present. Maybe it's that whole time running simultaneously thing... But when it comes down to it, I've been with this boy for half a year. Half a year that's been the BEST half a year of my whole life. And not just because of him, my junior year of high school was certainly the best so far, but he definitely helped.

Allow me to go on with the Sap Spam (TM) for a little while, okay? Bear with me. (haven't used that term in a while, haha).

Getting together with Trent was one of the things I could have never imagined happening. Yeah, we went to gradeschool together, but I talked to him once when I was young, because we got seated by each other for Thanksgiving lunch. And all I thought was "Wow, he's kinda fat, isn't he?" And never thought of him again. Until this year. Tara and Hilde had had this planned, apparently, but I'll never forget the night it happened. I'd gone to a movie with a huge group of friends, but I was the only one riding with Tara, and we were in the Toys R Us parking lot, wating for Glenn to be done making snow angels.

She was talking about how she'd been texting Hilde, and I was like, "Um?" And she changed the subject so subtley, I didn't even notice what was happening. "Hey, his best friend is Trent Hansen. And I guess he's like, a writer and a reader... Yeah, his walls are just covered in stuff he's written..." Of course I was interested. I didn't know another writer, and someone to talk to about my writing... Yeah, it was a dream come true. Okay, maybe I was a little more than platonically interested-- I'd been without a boyfriend for a year to the DAY that night, and I think that's while I'll always remember it-- it was the year anniversary of the day I got dumped sophomore year. Funny coincidence, right?

Till the end of Janurary, I thought of ways to talk to him. The coincidences kept building-- sometimes he'd sit where we sat in the commons, Amanda's firend Luke said we should get together after Amanda said I was pointing out a million books, Trent would sit by us if a guy he talked to was near us... But still, nothing happened, till one fateful night before a basketball game, when I was working on my book. He came and sat in our little pod of chairs, because Remington was there, and we talked a little bit. Then I got up to go to the game, and he ended up sitting by us agan, cause his friend Jen was there.

That night, I went home, and he showed up in my "People I May Know" on MySpace. Funny coincidence right? I was fairly melting with excitement by this point. Haha. And so I added him, we commented, then we started IMing, and then... well, the rest is history, right?

The point is, I love him, more than anything. On my MySpace, there's a line that says, "He is the breath in my lungs and the beat in my heart." I wrote it a few weeks after we started going out, and guess what? It's still true. Even if the odds are against us as a high school couple, and people are skeptical about us, and my parents think it's just another thing... And yeah, I KNOW I sound like every other sixteen year old girl... but I don't care.

This is what I feel. It is what it is, and oh well. It isn't changing anytime soon.

THIS IS THE END OF THE SAP SPAM (TM)

Thanks so much for bearing with me throught that, haha. I don't think it would be appropriate to try and follow that up with something mundane. We'll save my VBS stories for another post, all right? Thanks for reading, again.

<3Kayla

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home